Dollar Tree Store
Dollar Tree is a chain of various discount stores in the United States that has been operating for more than the past 3 decades. It sells items for up to $1 including home décor supplies, office, and school supplies, household supplies, art and craft, packing and mail supplies, etc.
Here is a list of items you can buy at Dollar Store:
- Holiday items
- Art & Craft
- Kitchen & Dining items
- Floral & Home Décor items
- Food, Candy, and drinks
- Party supplies
- Office and school supplies
- Health and beauty supplies
- Toys, books, puzzles, and games
- Household and pet supplies
- Cleaning and storage items
Dollar Tree Packing and Moving Supplies
Although the store does not sell a variety of moving boxes of all sizes, you can buy corrugated shipping boxes priced at $1 from the Dollar Store in the dimension of 10 X 8 X 6 inches. Other than that, you can also buy packing supplies like bubble wrap, packaging tape, and shipping labels. All these items are available at $1 per unit each.
Best places to get moving boxes
There are various options to explore if you need good quality, durable moving boxes for your move. Whether you are shopping online or prefer to visit a store, moving boxes are readily available. Let’s look at this list of the best places to buy moving boxes:
- Amazon: As one of the biggest online retailers in the world you will get a good variety of boxes to choose from. Whether you need a specific size or you want to pack a specific item, Amazon has boxes of all kinds in its store. You can check user reviews to make sure the box is of good quality. Buying boxes at the click of a button and getting them delivered to your doorstep has never been this easier.
- Walmart: Walmart sells moving boxes online as well as in its offline stores. You can book your moving boxes on the website and then go to the store to pick them up. Most stores are open 24X7. You can also buy other moving and packing supplies from Walmart stores.
- Lowe’s: If you are planning a DIY move, Lowe’s is the best one-stop-shop for all your moving and packing supplies. Here you will find specialty boxes to pack your clothes, electronics, and dishes. Other than this, you will also get a wide variety of tools, lumber, and home fixtures at Lowe’s. Home Depot: At Home Depot, you will enjoy a shopping experience that will stand out from other stores. From DIY home improvement projects to DIY moves, this store sells supplies for all your needs. The official website provides fully descriptive information of the products including a visual representation of the moving boxes.
- U-Haul: If you are renting a moving truck from U-Haul, it would be convenient to get your moving boxes from their stores. They have a wide selection of moving supplies and packing kits. You can even visit their “Take a Box, Leave a Box” section to get free used boxes dropped by other customers.
Free moving boxes
If you are looking for free moving boxes and do not want to spend money on buying new ones, here is a list of places you can explore:
Craigslist: This website has a free section where locals advertise items they are giving away. You can also post the ad that you need free moving boxes for your move so whoever has them can contact you.
Retail stores: Any grocery store or large retailer should have plenty of recycled boxes that you can use free of cost. As they receive shipments regularly, they might let you have the extra boxes without charging anything.
Facebook marketplace: This social media platform allows people to list and advertise their items online. Simply search for free moving boxes and filter the search by location. You will easily find where to get free boxes in your area.
Freecycle: Sign up and join your community group and then post your requirement. If anyone in your local community is giving away free moving boxes, they can contact you there.
Recycling drop-off points: In some cities, recycling drops off locations that accept flattened, corrugated cardboard boxes. Given they are in good working condition, you might get them easily here.