Applications closed 2023/24
We are no longer accepting applications for 2023/24 entry to this course. Applications for 2024/25 entry will open in Autumn 2023.
This should be about 500 words long and include:
- Insight into your practice. Discuss your ideas, interests, research, processes, making, presentation, or other information that is important to understanding your work.
- The strengths and weaknesses of your practice and how you would like to develop your work.
- Any relevant experience, especially if you do not have formal academic qualifications.
- A maximum of 30 pages showing a concise and focussed portfolio of your own completed work.
- Submit documentation in a format that best showcases the work.
- Large images that clearly communicate the work on a computer screen.
- Critical awareness and ability to select work that represents your strengths.
- A body of work that shows evidence of a sustained enquiry and reflection.
For more support, please visit our Portfolio advice page and PebblePad advice page.
What happens next
Communicating with you
After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email providing you with your login details for the UAL Portal. We’ll use this portal to contact you to request any additional information, including inviting you to upload documents or book an interview, so please check it regularly.
Initial application check and selection
We check your application to see if you meet the standard entry requirements for the course. If you do, you will be invited to submit a digital portfolio through UAL’s online portfolio review system. These will be reviewed by the academic team. Following the review of the digital portfolio, a small number of applicants will progress to the interview stage. All interviews are held online and last 15 to 20 minutes. For support with your interview, visit our Interview tips page.
How we notify you of the outcome of your application
You will receive the final outcome of your application through the UAL portal. Applicants for this course may be given an alternative offer. This decision will be based on our assessment of your creative and potential interests. Feedback requests: If you would like to request feedback please contact us through the UAL Portal using the Contact Us button in your My Application(s) tab.
Deferring your place
Read our Admissions Policy for details, and request your deferral by contacting us through the UAL Portal using the Contact Us button in your My Application(s) tab.
If you are currently studying at another institution and if you have successfully completed 60 credits in the equivalent units/modules on your current PG course and wish to continue your studies at Chelsea College of Arts, you can apply to transfer. The Admissions Tutor will consider applications on a case by case basis, subject to places being available. You must apply directly to the course via the course webpage as early as possible. Please check our Student Transfer Policy for more important information and be ready to provide us with your current course handbook and transcripts. Please be ready to provide an official document (translated into English if necessary) from your current university, explaining the learning outcomes of the units you have completed.