Baby Showers by mail are Showers that are done through the mail. They are an abbreviated version of the traditional celebration.
Baby Showers are such a beautiful and important experience for new Moms. There are many situations that make the traditional Baby Shower celebration impossible.
One of the most recent changes to Baby Shower protocols is the pandemic. Baby Shower by Mail has made this important celebration safe for New Moms and their new bundle of joy.
There are other great reasons to have a Baby Shower By Mail! It is the best option for families that would like to celebrate the new baby but can’t because they live outside of the state or country.
Baby Shower By Mail Etiquette
- There are just a couple etiquette points to follow with Mail Baby Showers.
- If you are not going to attend or send a gift, message the Hostess to let her know.
- If the Mail Baby Shower becomes an online party, follow the time frame given by the hostess.
- Be sure to send a gift that Mom will NEED and WANT
- If this is a second or third Baby Shower, ask the hostess what Mom needs. Mom has done this before and has most of the items a new baby will need.
- Be sure to mail your gift with plenty of time to spare for the BABY SHOWER.
Why are Baby Showers by Mail is so popular?
- Family and friends who live far away from mom-to-be get the opportunity to participate in the baby shower.
- A Shower by Mail ensures both mom-to-be and baby are safe from the Covid-19 virus.
- Some Moms-to-be like low key events for personal reasons or for health reasons.
- Baby Shower by Mail is a perfect choice for the second or third child. Traditionally, the second and third child doesn’t have a full Baby Shower, but a celebration is a very special and important event for Mom.
Picture Credit: Source
How To Plan A Baby Shower By Mail
Choose The Date
Just like a traditional in person Baby Shower, you must choose a date and time for your shower. With this in mind, below are a few things to consider
- Pick a time that works for most people, especially if you are inviting guests in multiple time zones. Make some calls and send emails to ensure your family and friends can attend.
- For a Shower by Mail, one or two hours is all you and your guests will need to set aside.
- Choose a date that gives you guests plenty of time to send in their special gifts to you and your new baby.
Baby Shower By Mail Guest List
Creating your guest for your Shower is fun and simple. Decide who you want to attend. Friends and family will make a perfect and fun celebration! Remember, these people will not actually arrive at your doorstep, so invite everyone you want as space won’t be an issue!
Baby Shower by Mail Invitations
You Baby Shower by Mail Invitations can be sent to your guest by traditional snail mail or you can send an email invitation.
Important details to be remember for your Baby Shower invitation
- The Mothers name ~ It is fun to include the baby’s name, but be sure you have the permission of Mom before adding baby to the invites.
- Baby Shower Registry ~ List the brick and mortar stores as well as the online stores
- Address for the Shower ~ The Address to list will be the one that your guest will be sending your cards, gifts and flowers for Mom and Baby.
- Date ~ The Date to list will be the day you wish the presents to arrive at said location. Note on the invite if the date includes shipping time or not.
- Finally ~ remind your guest that this is a MAIL BABY SHOWER!
Be Sure to Read Our Amazing Article 15 Ideas on How to Ask for Gifts on a Baby Shower Invitation
Baby Shower by Mail Invitations ideas
Gift Ideas for a Baby Shower by Mail
The first step in deciding on a special gift for the Mom-To-Be is to do a little detective work. Ask her friends and family what she has been wanting! Every Mom talks about what she wants but can buy for herself while she is pregnant. Use one of these ideas for your gift!
These gifts are different from other Baby Showers because you will be shipping your present.
Great gifts to Mail to Mom for Her Baby Shower!
- A book for Mom and Baby to share
- A soft cloth Book for baby
- Diaper Service for one month will go a long way in giving Mom the rest she deserves that first month after Baby is born.
- Meals on Wheels! There are many healthy and inexpensive home delivery meals. Every family is different and has unique nutritional needs. Check out what Mom likes and send her dinner for a week!
- A spa day for Mom and Husband with you to babysit for a night.
- A Month at the local Swimming Pool for Mom and Baby. This is a unique and fun way for Mom and Baby to bond. Most cities have YMCAs and offer great prices just for new Moms and their children.
All baby showers are very special! A mail Baby Shower is equally important to Mom and Baby and will give both many fond memories to reflect on in the years to come. Send gifts that Mom will be able to use and wants. The card you send is important because it will be speaking in your place. Wish Mom all the encouragement and happiness she deserves. Keep your thoughts short and simple and always from the heart!